Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2004 Audi tt 1.8 fwd coupe. The ac has electronic

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Audi tt 1.8 li fwd coupe. The ac has electronic climate control and is only blowing warm air. I can hear the compressor click on and have visually confirmed it is engaging. I tried to recharge the system but the gauge on the DIY canister of freon show past the redline. I also put in a new over the batter y fuse box and a new high pressure switch but the ac still only blows warm air.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have checked the climate control head unit for any error codes but it shows none.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
Ok, first, I need the actual high side and low side readings in psi, not by color code.
Both are required. To give an analogy, giving a doctor only one of the 2 blood pressure readings and expecting an accurate diagnosis of your cardio health. It is impossible. Same with your vehicle's ac system - only 1 reading of the two needed makes it impossible to diagnose.
Once you get the high side and low side pressure readings in psi with the ac compressor engaged, post them here and I can diagnose the issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have an ac gauge set. All I have is a gage ontop of the DIY charging can.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, see if your local Autozone or Advanced Auto rents a manifold gage set. If they do, I will walk you thru hooking it up and reading the pressures.