sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The driver side window on my 96 cabriolet is binding up and

Customer Question

the driver side window on my 96 cabriolet is binding up and wont go down.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Audi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the motor does try to run but the window won't go down then the motor could be weak or there could be damage preventing the window from moving. There are quite a few things that could prevent it from moving.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel and inspect the regulator, glass run channels and seals. If the front or rear of the window attempts to move but the other end doesn't then odds are you have a bro***** *****ft plate or regulator issue, but it's possible that the glass is out of the run seal. The most common cause for binding would be a broken regulator or lift plate.