Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My Audi A6 failed inspection, engine light on, code said

Customer Question

My Audi A6 failed inspection, engine light on, code said bank 1 sensor 1 no good had o2 sensor replaced, engine light still on saying same code for o2 sensor. How do I get the light off in order for it to pass inspection?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
What brand O2 sensor did you use?
Was the fault code erased with a scan tool after installing the new sensor?
What is the actual fault code number coming up? There are almost 3 dozen fault codes relating to the O2 sensors, so it is critical knowing the exact fault code as some are for no reading at all from the sensor, some for high voltage, some for low voltage, some for o2 sensor heater circuit in the sensor, and so on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch
Yes
P0030
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, P0030 is for Bank1 Sensor1 O2 sensor heater circuit.
First, make sure the correct one was replaced. This is the O2 sensor on the passenger side before the catalytic converter. Many shops will mistakenly replace the one on the driver side as it is the Bank1 on most vehicles, but on yours, bank1 is the passenger side.
If correct one was replaced, then the heater circuit wire from the computer to the O2 sensor needs to be tested for continuity. If continuity is missing, then there is a break in that wire that will need to be traced and repaired.
If continuity is present, then the Bank1 Sensor1 heater circuit in the computer has failed and the computer will need to be replaced.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks