gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy
12249065

I purchased a 2000 audi a6 wife with radio is on safe

Customer Question

Hi. I purchased a 2000 audi a6 for my wife with radio is on safe mode.no code in the manuals. There is any other place should i look for it?
Thank you
Category: Audi
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the dealer is not big on "customer service" on this tiny service. It takes them all of 5 minutes online to look it up, once they have the vehicle VIN and the serial number of the radio (imprinted on the radio, it begins with AUZ...) You would think they would do this favor, in order to win loyal customers, but what do I know, I am only a tech and not a manager or owner.

If you have the owner's manual, look for the radio book. There will be a business sized car in there with the code, but many people remove it and hide it in their home (I don't think radio theft of stock radios has ever been a big deal in the US, and no criminal is ever going to steal the owner's manual at the same time)

Some dealerships are really nice, and will put a sticker in the trunk in the spare tire well with the PIN on it. That is where the original sticker is located that is placed on the owner's manual card, so another chance is that the original sticker is there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for the pin everywhere with no luck. Nothing in the trunk or the manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is any other way to get the code?
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

No, it has to be downloaded from Audi's database.