AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2008 Audi TT 2.0 convertible. I put the top down

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Audi TT 2.0 convertible. I put the top down and now it won't go back up., the flaps in back come up and the windows roll down then nothing else after that. Soft top cannot be used shows in panel when I hit the button.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
The most common reason for such a failure (although not the only one) would be the position switches at the flap motors. The flap motors would require replacing. However, to confirm, we need to check the fault codes at the body control module. Would you be able to get teh codes and get back to me, as those would indicate the problem, so we proceed as necessary.
PS: Audi released a technical bulletin regarding this issue, which i can attach if needed (if you have the same codes, indicated in the TSB, then it will come in handy, and if not, we will proceed as needed with checks, till the culprit is found).
Regards,
Billy