Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

I have 2003 A6 4.2l awn with head gasket isues, going to

Customer Question

Hi i have 2003 A6 4.2l awn with head gasket isues, going to dive into it, runs fine once cylinder clears of coolant, car has been sitting for awhile no sign of coolant to oil transfer, although now when oil up to normal operating engine has come and go chain slap noise that clears on rmp increase, should be noted that no noise heard at low operating temps, I've been holding off on gasket repair thinking that re-engine may the answer but not many with low K's out there.
Could this noise be from cam tensioners.
Why at higher oil temps
Thanks BW
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

please explain,,are you saying it dont knock/rattle when engine is cold?

sorry,dont accept the phone cal,,can not call canada

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Your problem could be the chain tensioner, engine oil thins out when hot, pressure will drop.
If you have a headgasket and the oil pressure issue when hot
then do a oil pressure check when cold and hot .if still in range after hot replace the chain and tensioner when you do the headgasket.
if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.