Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2003 Audi A4 Passenger window not working. I took it apart

Customer Question

2003 Audi A4 Passenger window not working. I took it apart and the regulator moves up and down freely. The motor is not starting at all and does the same from drivers door switch.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the motor and it does the same thing.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

did you check the door harness at the body to door area in the rubber boot for any chaffs or broken wires?

please do that first and let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What side should I check? I opened the passenger side and it looked like the wires were wrapped up pretty good. Should I be looking at the drivers door harness?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

look at both sides and make sure to look under the tape!!!! seen them break due to opening and closing the door