AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have an audi tt and the I replaced the window regualtor

Customer Question

I have an audi tt and the I replaced the window regualtor and motor and the motor is not working
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

was the old motor working before the replacement? did you inspect the wiring that goes from the body to the door . i see alot where the wires break causing no operation . please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On day I rolled the window down on passenger side and would not come back up. ita a convertible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your answer? the wires are good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that really your answer, because that really does not help.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

there can be numerous of issues that can cause the window operation to not work. some visual inspections , some electrical checks are needed to isolate what is going on . Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. you are my eyes so i need you to check these things out to narrow down the issue here.