Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 audi a6. recently my battery has been dying

Customer Question

i have a 2006 audi a6. recently my battery has been dying while i drive. the battery has been replaced twice and the alternator seems to be working fine as the battery gauge will go up to 100% as i drive after a boost. also the EPC light will go on and off as drive. the rams and speed seems to be stuck at 40 mph at times eventually it will go up but with low rpms. i want to know if all this is cause by the EPC light which says its a cam sensor switch.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

For a battery to die while driving, it has to be the charging voltage output. Can you test the battery voltage with all the electrical loads on when running. It should be between 13=15 volts.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris