FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A8 Quattro L: gomi I have a 2004 a8 Audi and it's

Customer Question

Hello gomi I have a 2004 a8 Audi and it's driving me crazy. It did sit a year parked. The key got stuck but I was able take it out via the little whole lol. Even with a new battery only the interior lights turn on and I am able to unlock the car with the key remote but it doesn't show any other signs of life when you try to start not even any little clicking noise.
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the key is getting stuck in the ignition and there is no power even with a new battery then most of the time this is caused by a failing positive battery cable or a fuse box issue. You also need to check the negative battery cable and make sure that the ends of the negative have a good connection to the body grounds. If they do then you are going to need a voltage meter to run through some tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it also be the key mobilizer? If there is one on these models
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
If it was that the dash and everything else would still have power and you would get a theft or key warning on the dash.