Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Audi S5: , I have taken My 2011 Audi S5 3.0 T to a mechanic

Customer Question

Hello, I have taken My 2011 Audi S5 3.0 T to a mechanic to replace the thermostat. Picked up my car, it had been idling for 40 minutes after the repair was performed and not overheating. as soon as I drove off the car started misfiring and gave a code of cylinder 1 and 2 misfiring, the coolant level was much lower also tried starting the car and blew the starter. I believe the mechanic did something wrong that caused the coolant to start leaking inside the motor.
Could you please give me advise as to what the cause may be or what he could have done wrong as I fear the mechanic is not going to take responsibility.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He took the supercharger off the vehicle and that's where I suspect something went wrong and the leak comes from. (auxiliary radiators are located inside the supercharger. How could he have created a leak there. Do you think I am on the right track? the car was diagnosticated by audi with only a bad thermostat previously and did not misfire before he started the repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the charge coolers for the supercharger are water filled so its quite possible that if these were not re-fitted correctly then they may have been damaged and are leaking water into the engine I would suggest that the engine is not cranked until you remove all the spark plugs and then spin it over and then note if any water is ejected as the next step
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but had requested a phone call instead of a written response. Could you please call me at(###) ###-####as previously requested?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
sorry I'm based in the UK so I'll opt out
good luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever worked on this particular vehicle?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I note that you are still waiting on a reply?