peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi A6 Quattro: I traded in my 2015 A6 2016 A6. I had

Customer Question

I traded in my 2015 A6 for a 2016 A6. I had escort installed in my prior car. The system was installed in the rearview mirror. We are planning to switch rear view mirrors between the 2015 and 2016 a6 cars. We took off the rear view mirror for the 2016 and will be taking replacing it tomorrow. Once we took off the rear view mirror, the auto headlights no longer worked and I was not able to turn on the audi side assist.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Since the mirror has been removed the electronics for the auto lighting and other controls are disabled.To correct this another like mirror needs installed or the original mirror put back into place.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no one answered the question in a timely manner. I took my car to my vendor the next day to switch out the mirrors from the 2015 A6 to the 2016 A6 since the escort radar system was installed in the 2015 mirror. The moment the mirror was taken off, features stopped working. Once they put the other mirror on the following day (last Saturday), everything worked again.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.I am happy to hear the issue has been resolved.If you need anything else let us know.
Thanks Pete