FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A8 Quattro L: What can make the brakes drag on my 2000

Customer Question

What can make the brakes drag on my 2000 A8? I have replaced the calipers, hoses and the still will get hot enough to burn your fingers in just a couple miles. The left front seems to get the hottest but all are warmer than they should be. You can also feel the resistance to rolling when placed in neutral at low speeds. Looking at next step to replace the master but wondering if this might be in the antilock system. Car has 135000 on it
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. This is almost always the master cylinder. You need to drive the vehicle until the wheels start to luck up. Once they do you need to get the vehicle in the air and crack each of the master cylinder lines one at a time. When you open and close then really quick see if the wheels release. If they do then it is the master cylinder. I would not suspect the ABS as the cause of this. Let me know if you need more help.