Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician vw/ audi specialist
84635724

Audi Q7: Matt, hope you are well. I intend to purchase 57

Customer Question

Hi Matt, hope you are well. I intend to purchase 57 plate audi Q7 4.2 tdi. Car has just been serviced however ECU light has come up on the dash. Apparently when the car was taken to service the light wasn't on and diagnostics didn't pick up any errors. On the way back the light came on again. Car was taken to the garage today and again light wasn't no and no errors. I haven't yet seen it off despite looking at the car on three different occasions still the owner is claiming it's not always on. Have you got any idea what that might mean?
Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin. I hear this sort of thing every day . If the light has been on on any vw/ audi then it will store codes in memory even when light has gone off . So the garage either don't have correct equipment to scan car ,don't know how to diagnose car , or don't want to pay for failing item . These cars are common for throttle flap failures and swirl flap motor linkage issues(both reasonably expensive) without codes it could literally be anything at fault but the fact garage aren't able to fix isn't a good omen if you are going to purchase car from them if you are ever unsure don't buy
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Pete is there anything else I can help with ?