AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

The belly pan of My Audi A6 2001 has just been lost, Does it

Customer Question

The belly pan of My Audi A6 2001 has just been lost, Does it matter if I drive the road without the cover of belly pan?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,If the lower panel has been damaged and now removed, it would still be ok to drive it.Just be aware it is there for two reasons.It's main objective to help decrease drag and increase fuel economy, better mpg.It is also fitted to offer some protection to some under vehicle components.Hope this helps.Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have bought this used Audi A6 2001 car. the car has run nearly 150,000 mile. How do I know if I need to change important component like timing belt?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
If you have an owner's manual with service history, that may help you.The interval for belt,idler,tensioner,waterpump is 75000 miles.If is have no record of previous change, I would get it done right now.If the belt breaks, it will cost way more than just a belt job, more likely to need a new engine.Gary