Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Audi A6 wagon: I have a 2004 A6 wagon that got flooded due

Customer Question

I have a 2004 A6 wagon that got flooded due to the ongoing plenum drain issue with these cars. A mechanic is telling me he can replace the soaked valve etc for $2800. My insurance company has deemed the car unsalvageable andcwantvto give me $7200 and trash the car. They say that if I fix it, I will just have ongoing problems with mildew, electric system, etc. seems a shame to trash a nice car with about 50,000 mileage . What do you think is the best course of action.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
I would have the mechanic check the dashboard wiring, and under the seats, especially where the water was present, check closely for any wiring problems, dirt build up, soaked control modules, faulty connectors. If, within the soaked area, all the parts and connectors can be fixed wihtin the 2800$ limit, i would definitely keep the car (with such a low mileage).
If there are a few maybes and some hesitation, then i would not take the risk.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
Regards,
Billy