AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi TT Quattro: I replaced my Transmisson in a 2002 Audi TT

Customer Question

I replaced my Transmisson in a 2002 Audi TT with one from a salvage yard. I had this guy who seems like he didn't know how to work on audi's. He told me my clutch needed replacement I told hlm to do it. I then picked up the car and it wouldn't go into 6th gear. I drove it for about 9 miles no problem. I got to the place I was going and when I got back into the car it wouldn't go into gear as it was making a grinding sound. I then sent it back to the place and they put in a new Transmisson whe I got it back it wouldn't go into 5 and 6th gear and so I brought it to the dealer. I got it back today and drove it on the interstate and got it to 5th gear and got home and the same thing happened. It won't go into gear but makes grinding sound in all gears and reverse. But it will roll in nutrual. Could this be the clutch or did I get two bad transmissions thay go bad when you drive at 80mph?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
This most likely is a clutch problem. But before we remove the transmission again:
- were the transmission shifter cables checked, maybe those need adjustment
- was the clutch hydraulic system bled?