FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A6 Quattro: Just did a timing belt on my audi a6 2002

Customer Question

Just did a timing belt on my audi a6 2002 3.0l and when I turn the motor over by hand there are popping or clicking noise's is this normal I can turn the motor over easy just not confederate about the noise I used all the proper tools any help is greatly appreciated
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my names s Bobby. Thank you for the question. If the spark plugs are installed then you should feel compression as you turn the engine over by hand. If they are out then it should be fairly easy to move. If the spark plugs are in and it is easy then the cam timing may be off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spark plugs in and pretty hard to turn over just worried about the clicking noise is that just the valves snapping back into place maybe due to a sticky lifter?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to hear the valve train make some noise as you crank it manually.