sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Audi A4: my 2013 audi a4 battery died.. I took out the

Customer Question

Hello my 2013 audi a4 battery died.. I took out the battery to charge and i closed the trunk. Now the trunk will,not open at all so i can replace the battery how do i get the trunk open mechanically?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I do not see a manual keylock on the trunk is there a lock on the trunk that I can insert key maybe? Or any other alternative?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You'll just need to apply power to the jump start terminals and then you'll be able to open the trunk electronically as normal.
Open the hood and in the center of the wiper cowl there is a panel that pops out. Pop this panel out and the positive jump start terminal will be underneath.
The negative cable can go to the negative jump start terminal or any unpainted metal part on the engine or chassis.
With cables in place then you can open the trunk as normal and then install the battery.