peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi tt: I have a 2008 audi tt that has a power top that wont

Customer Question

I have a 2008 audi tt that has a power top that wont go up or down,, I bought the car used with 29000 miles, so i manually put the top up and of course it has been a problem before because tools were missing .Okay so i have checked fuses and power to the motor which it comes on momentarily then loses power, when the top was down the side flaps would come up and thats when power would get to motor then stop.what do I need to check ,flap motors,top motor ,....Thank You Darrell

Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect this will be a position sensor/switch at fault causing this needing replaced as this is a common component for this fault.
Thanks Pete
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Pete ,after two days of no response front this service the customer took their car to the dealer and paid 800 for repairs ...may be no reflection on you but i am quite dissatisfied at this point.Thank You for your response but it's no use to me now...

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.If there is anything else I can do here let me know.
Thanks Pete