AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

My 95 audi S6 won't start. I put a new battery in 2 weeks

Customer Question

my 95 audi S6 won't start. I put a new battery in 2 weeks ago, ran perfectly fine until this morning
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
95 Audi S6 won't start, aux power good, starter won't fire, and I get a short buzzing sound when I turn the key.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Hello there I'm Wolfgang here to assist. did you check the battery to see if it was discharged? please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is fine, all auxiliary power, when key is in aux position works fine. No "dead battery clicking" noise when present during start cycle operation.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
it may have electrical power but may be low while cranking you need alot of amps so if the voltage is low the amps would be low also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checked battery it's good to go, tried jump start same thing. Key turns all the way over, I hear a quick faint buzz more like 3 rapid clicks then it stops clicking on its own, regardless of how long I hold the key over then nothing. The buzz/clicks are coming from under the hood, no dead battery clicking noise though.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
ok i will need a vin # ***** get the correct wiring diagram. note when the key is turned on does the check engine light come on in the dash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes on the check engine light. The vin is WAUKA84A1SN121694
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
one last thing in the spare tire area is a white sticker 3 x 5 can you post a pic of that sticker please thanks