Jake
Jake, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
9204914

Audi A6 Quattro: My 2002 Audi a6 has been shaking past

Customer Question

My 2002 Audi a6 has been shaking for the past week if the car is idling, or driving slow. My Mechanic said the computer is bad, someone else said the #2 coil needs to be replaced. Can you help me?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
It could very well need a new computer because it is what controls the coils. So, if he will back that up i would go ahead and have it replaced. Sorry for the bad news but i am just being honest.
Larry
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me. I could assist you with this tonight if that works for you.
There is no #2 coil, this year /model has a "coil pac", and is a waste spark system so it would typically affect the #2 cylinder as well as it's companion cylinder.
If I can further assist you tonight please let me know what the stored codes are. It is VERY rare for and ECM to fail, but it can happen.
Thank you!
Jake