Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

Audi A8 Quattro: . I have a quick question about my

Customer Question

Hello. I have a quick question about my 1997 A8. When i turn the key and all the power components come on i hear a rumbling sound. Then when i try and crank the motor all i hear is a fast pace clicking noise (which i think is the starter) but the motor wont turn over. I had the battery replaced a little under 2 years ago because the battery that was in the car was way to small for that size motor. Any ideas?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!
When you hear the clicking noise do the dash lights flicker ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. The lights flicker with every clicking noise
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 year ago.
Ok you have a low voltage problem more then likely the battery you have is bad again and causing the issue i recommend you jump start the vehicle and you will see that the vehicle will more then likely start , if this is found then you will need a new battery . I hope this helps.
Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this for our family thank you