Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A6 Quattro: I had a friend spill soda on my MMI system

Customer Question

I had a friend spill soda on my MMI system controls, which shorted them out. The radio still turns on but because the controls are shorted it turns off within minutes. What part would I have to buy and who could replace it for me without costing me too much money?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The symptom charts for the radio issue says to replace the radio, when its intermittently has power. You can replace this at home but it will require a shop to perform the programming.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris