AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi a3: My Audi stereo has gone into safe mode when I removed

Customer Question

My Audi stereo has gone into safe mode when I removed the battery. I have looked for the code in the manual but the previous owner has taken it out for safe keeping. Do you know where else I could get the code from?
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an audi a3 with a grundig concert stereo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The stereo serial code is AUZ2Z3D1872630.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to say that I understand how to input the code, its the code itself I need. I wanted to have my stereo when I drove this evening, but to be fair if I have not had an answer before the morning I will just take my car to Audi garage tomorrow. I have just been informed that this will cost £25. Thank you.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
i will also need the vin number to your car, and may not be able to access the site until the morning for the code, the code is only available from the shop and they are all closed on sundays., hope you understand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for the response, the vin number is *****
I understand about the possibility that you may not be able to get the code in the morning.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*until the morning I meant to say.
Thank you.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok i will get back to you. thanks for understanding .Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any luck with the code?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
our internet is currently down. the rain had done some damage last night, i am using my phone to post this, i will upload as soon as i can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you any idea how much longer it will be?Thank you
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Looks like we won't have the company out till 7:30 pm tonight !! Omg I am so sorry. Let me try another avenue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can't be helped. Will I have the code by this evening?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
No it will be tomorrow. I will opt out. Maybe another expert can help sooner. Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
No problem sorry again. Please do not respond or other experts will not see your post. Take care. Lou