Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A4 Quattro: I went to get a key programmed at the dealer

Customer Question

I went to get a key programmed at the dealer because I lost my only key now they are theming me that the central locking unit is not working and that it will be 400 to investigate the problem and the key can't be programmed because of it WTF
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Yes the central locking unit can cause a programming issue. No it does not take 400$ in diag, Diag is normally 100$ and at max 200$. It should take 2 keys to program the keys to the vehicle.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris