AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a 2001 audi a4 1.8t b5(awm). I recently changed the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 audi a4 1.8t b5(awm). I recently changed the power steering pump and rack.I changed the timing belt and water pump . In doing so, I dropped the subframe and removed the front bumper and replaced the transmission oil cooler lines. The car
is jacked up on all four corners. When I start the car ( still on jacks) I have no check engine lights and no warnings on the display. I run through the gears and the shifter and the display are in synch. When I shift back to park I get a chattering sound.
Any ideas on what I should check on and what is the most likely problem.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Wolfgang here to help.
When you shifted back to park did you hold the brake and the wheels not turning? If the wheels was turning you will get a gear chatter and it will stop
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my foot was on the brake and the wheels are straight. This is a Quattro all wheel drive. Can this chatter be caused by all the wheels being off the ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been over 5 hours I am waiting for a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
yes it can ! the torsen differential can cause noise while of the ground. is the noise gone when all wheels on the ground?
please let me know