peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Audi Cabriolet: 1994 Audi Cabrio top starts to retract but

Customer Question

1994 Audi Cabrio top starts to retract but the storage lid only comes up about 4 inches then stops. How can I fix this?
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can usually be caused by a faulty position switch sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in or the storage lid is in.When this occurs the top can stop operating like this here.
What needs to be done is to have the limit switches checked/tested to locate the one at fault and then the switch that is faulty will need replaced to correct this issue here.
Thanks Pete