FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi a4: I have a 2006 a4 with the 2.0t. It has a chech engine

Customer Question

I have a 2006 a4 with the 2.0t. It has a chech engine light giving me codes p2008 and p2015. It also feels that it has lost some power.
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Typically this is either caused by a bad intake flapper actuator or build up in the intake. Some of the time the intake will need to be removed and either replaced or cleaned and other times it is just an issue with the actuator itself. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea I did plan on fixing this myself. However I am having trouble identifying the intake flapper actuator on the vehicle.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
He is the best picture I have of the location of the connection. It is located on the side of the intake manifold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a way i would be able to tell for sure if it is the flapper actuator? When the vehicle is off will it be in open or close position?. Also reading forums i saw that it was stated that once installing a new intake flapper actuator i would need my ecm reprogrammed to it. Is this true?

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
In most cases the actuator will need to be reprogrammed to know the right position. Most of the time it is not the actuator part of it that fails but instead it is the position sensor. These are all one unit. There are electrical tests that can be done on the circuit and the unit, but typically it is bad.