John, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Audi certified at the dealership level with 14 years experience
20104412

My audi a6 2001 q 2.7t started losings power, final on the

Customer Question

my audi a6 2001 q 2.7t started losings power, final on the freeway in stop and go traffic it died no fuel getting to the engine the pumps under the back seat are working and we pulled the fuel filter and it was full of crap. we replaced the filter and am getting gas to the engine now but it wont start fuse is good
Category: Audi
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your vehicle
Need to see if you are getting spark....Need to find out how much fuel pressure you are getting. Even though you hear the pump running, sometimes it doesn't mean it is producing pressure......If you have fuel pressure and spark. There is a chance that the cylinders are washed out. If so then put a little bit of oil in the cylinders and crank it over (no spark plugs installed). After a couple of cranks, installed the plugs and start it. there will be a lot of smoke but it should start
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Making a deposit doesn't pay me. If you’re satisfied with this answer, I would appreciate it if you would take the time to rate my service accordingly, as this is how I get paid. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
how's it going