Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Audi 100 CS: , I have used you guys before. I have a 1993

Customer Question

Hi, I have used you guys before. I have a 1993 audi 100 with intermittent starting problem
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is more info. A friend has the code reader for a pre OBD2 audi like this one. It kicked out crank position sensor code. Replaced sensor and sensor appeared to be damaged so figured it was the problem. Car was fine for months. starting acting up again. when it acts up it just cranks and cranks. Will start again hours or overnight if I let it sit. when it starts runs perfect again.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
As you know in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. In order to determine why it will not start you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below to do so, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Audi%20no%20start%20May%2015.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron, I actually figured out the problem myself after submitting the question. Been trying to cancel the request ever since.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.