FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Morning, my Audi A6 (2005) has been sitting more then being

Customer Question

Morning, my Audi A6 (2005) has been sitting more then being used over last 6 months. I started it and she appears to act like its getting to much fuel...wont idle without pressing foot pedal to run higher rpm... fyi, have RossTech scan tool can share results or tell me what to run/look for... thanks Doug
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello Doug, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me how many miles are on the car and if the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes check engine light comes on as well as ECM...car has 120,000 miles

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You mentioned that you have some results from the scan tool. If you can give me the codes from the module that would help me to determine what is going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will rescan today and get back to you

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Let me know what you find and we can continue from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2015-05-20_191521_log-a6april2014-waudt74f15n051319-169050km-105042mi.pdf

sorry for the delay, attached is my log file

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The first thing that would concern me is that it sounds like the cam timing is off. This is going to cause a number of these codes. Have you every had the timing belt changed? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This car doesnt have a timing belt, Audi went to timing chain. 105,000 miles... some online research is implying the chain may have jumped and taken out a couple of valves... I hope not... it references the right bank having no compression so I suppose I should check that first? but the engine isnt making any noises that I would expect from bent valves and smells like it is getting to much gas...thoughts?