FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi a8l: I have 2011 Audi a8l Quattro 4.2l it has 85000miles.

Customer Question

I have 2011 Audi a8l Quattro 4.2l it has 85000miles. I need to DIY replace fuel filter. Please tell me the exactly location of the fuel filter.
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Your car should only have a fuel strainer. This strainer is not serviceable and is located on the fuel filter assembly in the fuel tank. It only gets replaced when the pump is replaced. If you need more information on this let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a fuel filter from audi dealer part number 4H0 201 511A. So I think you are mistaken this is 2011 audi a8l.will send pic next text
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. This is the in tank filter. You need to open the tank access panel to be able to replace this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is my question. Is it on passenger side tank or driver side tank. I open rear seat passenger tank but did not see it. Which side please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it is inside the tank but lm not sure.just tell me is it inside or out side and which side. Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
On the passenger side. The fuel pump assembly should be in there also. You will need to remove both to replace the filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it.Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
No problem. If you need anything else in the future please let me know. Have a great rest of your night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You too.thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u send me pics where the filter inside tank is if posibble
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Let me see if I have any. I do not believe there are any in my repair database.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it done. Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you earlier. Did everything work out? Did you need any other help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No imbgood.thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Great. If you end up needing anything else in the future please let me know. Please take the time to rate also when you can. Thank you and have a great night.