Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Audi a6: I've exceeded the number of attempts by which I can

Customer Question

I've exceeded the number of attempts by which I can use the code to unlock my radio. Is there another means to unlock this?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. A radio service center will not help. You need the dealer scan tool to electronically unlock the radio. It may not be the answer you want to hear but it is the correct answer. It's possible you had the wrong code and that is why it is locked out. The dealer is the place to go. They will hook up the vag-com and extract and unlock the radio for you and provide you with the code for future if needed. Hope this helps. It is a very common thing for the codes to be wrong , if the radio was ever replaced the codes may not match per vin and the vag-com is the only savior. Let me know if you have any more questions. I am truly here to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉