Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A8 Quattro L: I have a 2001 Audi A8L that just received

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Audi A8L that just received a new timing belt, t-stat, and water pump at 150,000 miles at the tune of $2800. Been driving it for 3 days and noticed coolant coming from passenger front. Took it back to Audi and now they're telling me they need to pull the engine to replace the oil cooler that appears to be leaking all of a sudden for another $3500!
Not sure there is an actual term for how I'm feeling right now. Looking for any advice? Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
HI
I suggest you get a 2nd opinion and question them based on there findings compared to the recent previous repairs. I can not see it in person to confirm the last repair was done nice and neat or if the current leak diag is even correct.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris