gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy

Audi A6 Quattro: the reverse proximity alarm buzzes every first

the reverse proximity alarm buzzes every first time the car is put in reverse. No indicators come on telling what the problem may be and there is nothing behind the car. I reset the maintenance interval. I'm at a lose. Any suggestions?
You have a problem with one of the reverse sensors- either there is moisture in the connector, or you have given one of them a slight impact and crushed the sensor (it may not even be visibly damaged). With a scan tool you would be able to tell which one is reading errantly.
Also, make sure you don't have something stuck to your bumper, or a trailer hitch (bike rack?) mounted
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What should I look for when I check them with a multi meter?

You will want to check the resistance if the sensor, and compare it to the others. Look for an open circuit or high resistance.