Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner

audi a6: audi a6

Customer Question

audi a6
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Yes there is a tool to aid in the installation of the new seal.

.

Pulling Fixture (T10122)

.

….

I have the instructions in a PDF format HERE ..

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is that tool available to public ? can I buy it from audi? or tool rep?
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.
It's hard to say for sure about the local tool or parts stores in your area. Snap on has one though.
http://vw.snapon.com/Search.aspx?searchLink=false&keyword=T10122A
.

.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.
Hello? Did you get that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

yes I did thank you! I made my own, but I found them at audi of Columbia. $95.00 for 2pc kit and 32.00 for third. I replace the oil housing seal, rear main and tranny seal and done valve cover gaskets

. still leaking oil, so alls left is rear timing covers right?? unless block is cracked back there which I didn't see

Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.
Actually oil can leak from a few places, (pan gasket, head, intake, etc.) and there is a dye that can be used to pinpoint an oil leak that is used with a black light.
.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

okay well it definitely isn't pan gasket that's too far down. I removed tranny and replaced crank seal, oil pump housing, and trans seal. it is leaking from backside from above around that area. on top I did valve cover gasket. so in the area on backside of engine (around top) there is only the timing covers left or head/crack

oil cannot come from anwheres else on the backside of block. it seems at first look anyone would say rear main seal, are there any hoses/lines I should look at?

update...it has leaked quart of oil since repairs of other gaskets. so its kinda big leak.

hope that might help you narrow it down to where that much would come from

Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

There aren't really any hoses up in there Tommy but it coudl be from the timing cover(s). We are a little off track from the original question though and normally get paid for it before any follwow ups on it, thanks
.

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

you may be off track, but im not. it started out about rear crankshaft seal, obvisously

that would pertain to an oil leak , otherwise wouldn't be discussing rear seal. im only providing more information so you can understand exactly what I have already replaced. and after repairs hmmm..oil is leaking still from somewheres. why would I even be doing a crankshaft rear main seal if didn't have oil leak. first diagnosis which

failed!!!

As to accepting payment, I have no problem doing so, (unlimited subscription plan)

although isn't it policy of just answer that you don't have to pay until satisfied? then after accepting I can follow up on the question anytime?? ill accept now, thank you for your help

Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.
Hello Tommy, Jerry here. I was just wondering how your vehicle was and wanted to see if you may need anything further on it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm unsure, have to get it back in shop and I guess remove
Tranny again , I got Mercedes to finish up in morning
But should get it in , in mid day or afternoon . Gotta find leak, I know
When I had tranny out first time that left timing cover
Was leaking . We will see
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.
Ok Tommy, good luck with it, thanks again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
k pulling tranny back out today, see if can resolve oil leak
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.