Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi TT: 2005 Audi TT, 1.8 auto. 100K. Exhibits hard shifting

2005 Audi TT, 1.8 auto. 100K. Exhibits hard shifting from 1-2. Dealer serviced from day 1. Transmission has always shifted this way. Dealer has said it is "normal". Now starting to get worse. I have read that an upgraded/rebuilt valve body is the way to go. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

Yes you are correct the repair does consist of a upgraded valve body installation to address the harsh 1-2 shift as long as it just harsh and not delayed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

While I thank you for your reply. I am not happy with your answer. Anybody could have told me what you did. More information would be much more helpful. A simple confirmation of my diagnosis is not satisfactory. I would like to know if this is unique to the model year, how common this is, is an aftermarket valve body superior to an OEM one from the dealer and possibly a reason for the hard shifting. No note of resetting the adaptive learning system by removing the two transmission fuses was mentioned either. I have found that this simple action can save the replacement of the valve body. I cannot endorse this site.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is my copied response from Nov 14.

No this is not unique to this model, it effects many years and models with this transmission.

An OEM valve body is better than aftermarket.

A reset or adaptive shift strategy relearning is a short lived patch, that will not last.