Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Audi A6: I have an 02 Audi A6. My power steering went out.

I have an '02 Audi A6. My power steering went out. I need to drive 2 hours to Naples, Florida to get home. Is it safe to do or do I need to get it in to a local dealer. I prefer home if possible.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Did the battery light come on at the same time power steering failed? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like the serpentine belt broke which powers the alternator and power steering pump. You will not make it home, you need to drive to a shop asap to have belt replaced otherwise your going to stall out on road. It will be about a $100 to have belt replaced depending on where you go. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.