Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Audi A4: How to remove automatic knob shifter on 2006 audi

How to remove automatic knob shifter on 2006 audi a4?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.

.
Greetings...... "Hi, I'm Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!"
.
Here is Audi procedures

.

graphic

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions.
.
Kindly rate me when you are done.
.
.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hi mr Don ,do you have the video show how please?im not really understand how the work?and how remove the astray housing?

sorry for the delay...............

.

your original question was:

.

I answered with Factory Service Manual procedures

.

do you have the video show how please?

.

Audi does NOT supply "video".........

.

The "sleeve" at bottom of knob needs to be pushed down
The "button" needs to be pulled out far enough to insert a "wire tie" to hold the button out.
Pull Shifter Handle Up & Off

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The bottom need to pull out far enough wire tie ?why we have to wire tie it can came off easy and nothing else came with it?

.

please reread the procedures & my comments.........
The "bottom" of the shifter handle "slides down"

The "button" on the Handle pulls out just enough to put a wire tie around the "button" to HOLD IT OUT.............
DO NOT remove the "button"

.

Then pull up on the Handle to remove

.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thanks mr Don i got it sorry im confusing understand you now, but i did removed the astray out now i need you help me show me how to push it back please?

here is Ash Tray procedures, as I do not know how you removed.

.

graphic

.
Kindly rate me when you are done.

.

Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience: Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I got it thanks your help have a good day.