Shawn
Shawn, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing cars of all types for 20 years, and specialize in all aspects of mechanical repair.
16687991

2006 Audi a6

My 2006 Audi a6 setup key on the MMI panel does not work when I press it although the other keys do work.
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for your question. Very sorry for the unusually long wait for an answer. Is there any chance that something was spilled on your control panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Shawn,
Nothing was spilled on my panel. I take very good care of the car. What can I do to get this problem fixed.
There is likely a problem with the circuit board in the control panel...the control panel will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What is the average cost of something like this? Can I order this part cheaper on line, if so, where?
I just replaced one not to long ago, I always recommend genuine oe replacement parts. I believe you would be looking around $700 range. Couple places you could try is check junk yards in your area. Car-part.com I would also try eBay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a specific part number or part name that I should be ordering?

It's the MMI control panel. If you are getting it through Audi it would be best if you have them look it up by your vin number.
I'm sorry I believe I misquoted you on a new one from the dealer, It was around $1200. I ended up putting a used one in for the customer...that was around $700 with labor. I'm sure if you look around junk yards and ebay you can prob find one cheaper.