gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW certified technician, Chicago VW/Audi Training Center, Seattle VW/Audi Academy

Audi A6 2.7T Quattro: Hey, I have a 2000 audi a6 and I need

Hey, I have a 2000 audi a6 and I need the radio code to take the stereo out of safe mode. I have the VIN but I dojt know where I would look for the serial number.

You need to pull the radio out, the serial will be on a sticker on top (and may be visible with a flashlight if your remove trims or accessories above it) or stamped into the metal on the side of the unit.
With that serial number, and the VIN of your OWN vehicle you will want to call Audi at One Eight Hundred Eight Two Two AUDI. They will give you the PIN.
While we have a lot of AUDI techs here, you need to have AUDI access online, and that requires being an Audi dealership tech. The solution above has worked for HUNDREDS of customers, please try it during normal business hours before giving me a rating. Make sure you call during regular business hours. The only other solution is to go to the dealer, and they will charge you at least an hour, at over $100 per labor hour.