Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
2947720

Audi A6: How to you remove the aluminum trim around the center

How to you remove the aluminum trim around the center console on the 2012 Audi A6 C7?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, can you identify the trim peice in the diagram?

.

graphic
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The trim piece is not numbered in the diagram (it is a part of part 11). It is an aluminum (or wood depending on the trim package) piece that wraps from either side of the ashtray (parts 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8) along the upper sides of the center console and crosses over the center of the console between the cup holder door and the gear shifter part no. 10. If you can explain how to remove part no. 11, I can figure the rest of it out.

Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.

Exactly Jamie, the console has to come out to get that off. Let me put that file together fot you.
.

• Center Console Trim Panel

Center Console Trim Panel

Removing
.

graphic
.

• Remove center console.
  • Remove the bolts - 1 through 8 - and the center console trim panel - 9 -.

Installation

Install in reverse order of removal. Note the following:

• Tighten the bolts in a - 1 to 8 - sequence.

.
Instructions for the center console, (not in any particular order) are in a PDF file,
.
Click,

>>>>>>>>>> HERE <<<<<<<<<<<
.
To download.
.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. .Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. There are two part missing in order for me to successfully remove the center console. 1) there is no clear instruction on how to remove the climate control unit. It is shown having already been removed in the instructions. 2) there is no clear instruction on how to remove the rear air duct and rear climate control on the rear side of the center console. This must be removed in order to remove the arm rest. With those two items, I think I will be there. Thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 10 months ago.
I see Jamie, sorry I hadn't noticed that.
.

….

I have the instructions in a PDF format HERE ..

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Customer Satisfaction and an Excellent Rating are my #1 goals. I would also value having you as a regular customer. Anything else you need I am here to assist you.