Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A6 Quattro Wagon: 1997 A6 quattro wagon 2.8l auto, #9

It is a pretty clean car with 111000 miles. 1997 A6 quattro wagon 2.8l auto, #9 fuse worked to fix the shifter interlock but now my brake lights don't go out??? Thanks, Nick

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Moose !!!! Yes I still need help. I'm fairly skilled. I do have the panel under the dash out had the the brake light switch (I believe) unplugged. Also another one with a vacuum line and wire outlet. Also the first layer of plastic around the sifter out. Thanks, Nick PS Hope this got though to you.

If you remove fuse 9 do the brake lights go out?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the brake lights go out.

Unplug the brake switch. It has 2 wires red/yellow and red/black, ohm test across both pins with the pedal not pressed, is it showing a closed circuit?

If it is then the brake switch is faulty and always showing applied.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I did not read the meter right, bought a new switch($11.00) and it still did not work. It need to be screwed in further. Ha Ha !!!!! I do have the new switch in my car with me just in case!!! Thanks, Nick

Is it resolved or still broken?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Resolved

Great
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No more questions and yes I did rate you. Thanks

Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Brake lights work(all three) but every time I apply the brakes the dash light(and sounds) says brake light(out). Any ideas?

You must open a new post since this one is expired and a different concern.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I replaced the bulbs with good german silver based bulbs, as you suggested
Brake lights(all 3) work but the brake light(out) still comes on every
time I apply the brakes. Still.