Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Master Tech. 30 years experience.

Audi A6 Quattro: Have a 99 Audi A6 Quattro 2.8, no crank, no

Have a 99 Audi A6 Quattro 2.8, no crank, no start, no click from starter solenoid, new ignition switch, new starter interlock relay, fully charged battery, and checked voltage at constant hot terminal 30 on starter, all good. Checked voltage from ignition wire when ignition is turned to start (terminal 50) 12v also. Applied 12v directly to terminal 50, nothing. Grounded starter direct to frame, nothing. Transmission multifunction range switch operates normally. Starter is a BOSCH and 2 months it faulty?
Hi, my name isXXXXX you have 12 volts to the large wire on the starter and you have a good ground on the motor and the starter does nothing when you jump from the large wire directly to terminal 50 on the starter solenoid you have a bad starter (or the engine is seized). Assuming the engine can be rotated by hand this is simply going to be a defective starter.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I jumped from the large battery wire to the spade terminal 50 and the odd time it clicks, but doesn't turn the starter motor.

The ground is 100% and the motor was running two days ago.

Also, my VAG-COM doesn't open any controllers, may be a separate issue.

Any tricks on changing the starter without putting into service position and removing alternator?

(I did an engine swap last month and decided to replace the old starter with a new one as everything was apart, shouldv'e left the old one in.)

Hi Carl, it looks like you have a defective starter motor. I am assuming that you are jumping from the positive lug on the starter over to terminal 50 thereby ruling out a poor connection at the starter. I'm afraid I don't have any tricks for removing the starter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Marty, yah just with a screwdriver. Thanks for your confirmation.