Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Audi A4 Quattro: We have a 2005.5 Audi A4 and our passenger

We have a 2005.5 Audi A4 and our passenger window just stopped working all of a sudden. We put it down and then it was unable to go up. It makes a clicking noise when we do. We have since physically pulled the window up and stopped using it. We are not sure what is going on!

Greetings...... "Hi, I'm Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!"
I assume this is the Front Door.
Likely the Regulator has broken, as they are a cable type & if you were able to pull window up, without much force, then replacement may be needed.

You need to remove the Door Panel & inspect the Window Regulator & also test the Window Motor to be sure it is also working

IF you need Door Panel Removal procedures, just post back

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindly rate me when you are done.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, this is the passenger front door. How easy would it be for an amateur to remove door panel? Sounds tough. Should we just bring to a mechanic?

IF you have never replaced a Window Regulator & /or Motor, then this can be challenging.

here is Audi Door Panel procedures