FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Audi A4 Quattro Cabriolet: Hi -- A light came on in the dashboard

Hi -- A light came on in the dashboard of my finacee's car as she is driving on an interstate that says "mulfunction of electric system." She called to ask if this is something serious. Is it? Thanks!! -- JLR

Hello, my name isXXXXX appreciate you taking the time to ask a question about your car. Can you tell me if she says whether the vehicle is driving fine? How many miles are on the vehicle?

hi -- The car has 46,500 miles and is driving fine except that she says it makes a beeping sound every ten seconds in addition to the dash light warning.

Thank you for the reply. This typically comes on all of a sudden because you either have a light bulb that has failed or there is a lack of voltage in the system. This can be due to a battery that is failing or an alternator that is failing. I would recommend having the battery checked as soon as possible to see if that is the cause. Please let me know if you have any further questions.