Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi A6 Quattro: Hi I have a 2010 A6 Quattro. The car

I have a 2010 A6 Quattro. The car has a vibration from the real axle that starts at about 35-40 MPH and builds from there. The car also makes a groaning/ clutch chattering type of noise at slow speeds in a parking lot type of situation when the wheel is turned sharply. It goes away as soon as the car is pointed straight again.
The dealer told me that the noise is normal due to the Quattro? I don't buy that explanation and I think both issues are related but can't get a straight answer.

Any ideas?
Thanks Customer

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was in bed by the time the response came in so its no problem. You can respond tonight.

I believe your concerns are related to the rear axle clutches locked up and causing the binding in parking lots while turning and this has resulted in extra stress on the driveline and has possibly caused rear axle joints to become worn and now causing the driveshaft to be out of balance for your 30-40 vibration.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris