Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi A6 Quattro Avant: I have a stock 2000 A6 Avant. The suspension

I have a stock 2000 A6 Avant. The suspension is becoming too slushy for my liking. What are my upgrade options, not to bring it too far from OEM specs, but to keep is as close to OEM (less maintenance, cheaper, etc.) and get a sportier ride?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I assume you have electronic suspension. If that's the case then I would just replace the shocks using Monroe sense trac.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know if I have electronic suspension but that is because I don't know what electronic suspension is. It's stock. Have you heard of "HD Shocks"? Any opinion on those?

HD as in a brand or HD as in heavy duty?

Being that its 13 years old almost any brand of shock is going to help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Something like this, I think: Bilstein Part# XXXXX HD Shock

In general, how long do shocks on a V6 station wagon that sees mostly paved surfaces last?

I think that's the last detail I'd like to know. Thanks for the answers. Let me know if you know about Bilstein's (they tend to be the name that is thrown around in the German auto forums I visit.)

Shocks last about 60k then they start showing signs of weakness. Then around 90k you start seeing ride performance inappreciable.

Bilstein is a good brand.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris