Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A6: Hi, I would like to put a higher profile tire on a

Hi, I would like to put a higher profile tire on a A6 3.0 TDI quattro 2007. Presently it's on 225/50/r17 94W and for the purpose of softening the ride, based on frequent bad and dirt roads as part of my driving, go to 225/60/r17, specifically looking at PIRELLI 225/60 R17 99V P7 CINTURATO at the moment. Will I achieve a perceivable change? Would it such a change going beyond tolerable parameters, and if so, what should I aim for to achieve the indicated result?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

The tire change you have selected is going to result in a sidewall height difference of 0.9 inches, 1.7 inch height difference, and when driving 60mph you will actually be driving 64.1.

Based on wanting to achieve a softer ride from the tire. I suggest going a shade wider as well with a aspect ratio of 60. Like a 235/60. 1.2 inch sidewall difference, 2.3 inch diameter difference, and the speedometer reading 65.2.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your answer. I would definitely make the change you suggest if it will fit in all aspects the car I'm driving. Please confirm that this size of tire would be adequate for an audi a6 3.0 TDI Quattro 2007.

Best regards,

Marcel

Yes this tire recommended will fit.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.